Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Monday

Much as I enjoy rehearsals, it was really grueling on Sunday, so it was good to have yesterday off. After breakfast, I food-prepped: cut up six big onions, chopping some for dinner and marianading the rest, then putting them in my clay onion baker.  I did the same with two garlic heads, added olive oil, and baked them in the clay garlic baker, along with the onions.
After lunch, I walked to the bus stop; I've been so involved with the show, I haven't been walking as much. At the same time, I'm too busy to eat a lot, too, so I guess it evens out. Met a man at the bus stop and we chatted; his name is Brad. I gave him some advice on registering for some housing help. He's not homeless, but he thinks his landlord is planning to have him leave. Poor guy is 68, had worked all his life, but lost his job and hasn't been able to get another in two years. I guess he's just another of the throw-away people that we--well, throw away.
Stopped at the library to leave a book and to ask if I could put up a poster for the show. Sure thing, and my pal, whats-his-name, posted it. This guy is just the quintessential librarian: about 45, I guess, serious minded, seemingly studious, and with curly hair. (I do think that last is a  prerequisite for librarians.) 
Walked down Main and stopped in a store to buy a new pancake turner; my old one is about to give up the ghost. I don't eat pancakes, but I use these constantly for other food. Hopped the bus home and drove to Wal-Mart for a glasses holder for the show and some puzzle books for brother, Jim. To my annoyance, they didn't have either, but I ran into Becky from the show and she said she got her glasses holder at Dollar Tree. I zipped there and both the things I wanted.
While I was there, Stella called to ask if I wanted to see Pavarotti--in Oxnard at 6:00 pm.  Well, I would, but it was already 5:30, so no thanks. 
Dress rehearsal at 6:00 tonight.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...