Saturday, August 03, 2019

Friday

I was the biggest loser at T.O.P.S., with two pounds off, weighing in at 128.7. The program was boring--Lora read something--and, as ever, I resented not getting breakfast until 10:30, but oh, well.
Called El and told her I wanted to enter the poetry contest at the fair, so I couldn't be at her yard sale all day. We decided I'd stay over at her place on Friday, leave for the fair about 10, I guess, or maybe later, do the thing there, then come back.
Simple, huh? Well, it would have been, except that Jeff sent out the rehearsal schedule and it includes all day (10am to 8pm) Saturday. I'm sure that doesn't mean we have to be there the whole time, but I'm going to see if I can skip it altogether
More complications: Sheri, from Dudley House, called to say the Storyteller contest is Saturday, and Richard Senate, a local historian, whom I know, will impersonate Benjamin Dudley (my former husband--I was Caroline D. last year). So all these things are coming at once.
That may have been why I felt a little low yesterday. I actually didn't go into town at all; just rebelled and spent time on the laptop, plus ran a few errands. Added a bit to my cowboy poem. Damn, I again lost the Internet for a time; I was able to fix it, but I'm not at all confident I can next time.
Called my brother, Frank, in Alameda. He was at his daughter's house, along with others. His dementia is further along than Betty's and, as with her, he seems to have vacated the premises. So depressing. In fact, I fell a little low and out of sorts all day; don't know why. I'm feeling a bit more chipper today.
Re Thursday's post on iron:
It occurred to me that I used to take iron because it was low; looked it up on this blog (well, it's good for something) and found a mention of "my anemia" from December, 2015. That prompted my memory that, yes, I had had that low hemoglobin count and anemia then. I'm not sure why it has reoccurred and I don't have that tiredness now, but I got the iron pills.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Red meat, egg yolks and yellow fruits (peaches etc) are( if I remember correctly) good sources of iron. Where do you get your dietary iron from?
BTW, talking to your sibs with dementia has to be a downer. You want them back and they are leaving day by day. It's got to be horrible for loved ones to watch this happen. No advice. Just be kind and gentle with yourself.

Mimi said...

Pat, I don't eat red meat, but I do eggs and probably not enough of them; will add more. The yellow fruit thing: I'll increase my peaches and mango intake. As for the other: I do eat fresh spinach about three times a week, and will continue with the others you mentioned.
Thanks for adding about my brother and sister. It's so hard to take, especially with Betty, of course. Did your family have any similar problems--parents or brothers.

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...