Sunday, August 25, 2019

The Best Yet

In light of my unwanted weight gain, I'm going to rethink some of my routine. I had my regular breakfast, but ate lunch a half hour early and had a radically different one from my usual huge salad. Instead,I stir-fried ground turkey and onions. Stopped at the Hill Street Library after getting a few things from Wal-Mart and picked up an Elizabeth George novel and a curious little book on Stranger Things.
Took the bus into town and went to the library to return Magic. There, I ran into Ben, who plays my granddaughter's husband in the play. He told me he was just printing out his script for a play about homeless people who start running a---something or other, can't remember what. I immediately asked him if there was an old lady part in it and he said there definitely was, and I was hired. We'll see--I don't know yet what it's about or if it's even feasible to be in it, but I'm definitely interested. I also mentioned my own scripts and he wants to see them. Home and I had a bite, then showered, changed, and left for the show.
Last night was the best ever! It went so smoothly, it was a joy and the audience was incredibly responsive and appreciative. After our finale (the whole cast of forty or so singing and gyrating on the stage), we mingled and right up front were niece and her family:  Carolyn, Dana, Finn, and Claire. They also brought their friends, Girl Dana and her husband, Tom, plus Claire's friend, Leila. They were lavish in their praise and how much they liked the show. I had asked Carolyn to record part of our piece, which she did, but I then found out one of the tech guys was videoing the whole thing and will share it--yay!
I didn't get home until 11:00 and to bed until midnight, but it was worth the horrendous hours. Today, we have a 2:30 call because we're doing production shots, then the show at 5:00, so it's virtually all day. Diane, Nancy, and Carolyn B. will be there and I know the T.O.P.S. Carolyn and others are coming, but I'm not sure if today or next weekend.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...