Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Walking And Widder Dinner

Slept well and got up at 6:00. I toyed with the idea of walking Kimball, but decided not.
After breakfast, I went to WinCo for apples and a few other things. I didn't feel like taking the time and effort to make apple sauce, so thought I'd try something: I cored seven apples and put them, with Sevia, cinnamon, and water in the slow cooker.
I emailed my three cohorts to see if they might be able to do Happy Hour tomorrow and yes, they were agreeable, so we'll meet at Fluid State at 3:00. Had lunch, then left for town on the bus. I dropped a book off, then saw they had William Goldman's Magic, on which the movie of the same name is loosely based. Read a few pages, then left to walk to The Promenade. It was good to hear the waves coming in and I happened to meet Gwen, who plays my daughter in the play, and her husband. We chatted for a bit, then I went on. Did the Main Street loop back to the library, glad to have gotten it in.
Ellen called while I was riding the bus home. She bought a new refrigerator and it will be delivered today between 3 and 7 when she's in school and Greg's at work, could I be there? Luckily, I have no commitments today, so sure, I'll be glad to.
The apples turned out great in the slow cooker, which I had left on "low" while I was out. Tidied up a bit, then left for the Stonefire Grille and the widder dinner. Took the bus to Victoria and walked the rest of the way.
There were just ten of us there, including Nancy and Carolyn, and we had a quiet, but pleasant, time.
After, I felt like walking some more and went the mile or so to Victoria. At that point, I was going to take the bus up to Telegraph, but decided the hell with and walked home. That means my walk total was roughly four miles and I was happy about that.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...