Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Santa B. And Jim

Up, as mentioned, much too early, but I did my usual, then left for the bus(es) at 9:00. On the way to Santa Barbara, I called niece Chrissy to get an update on brother, Jim. I was surprised when she said they had him up and walking and that I could call him. I did and, although he's a little wiffty, we had a nice (short) chat. I understand he'll be released tomorrow--whether home or to some kind of rehab, I don't know. Jim asked if I wanted to talk  to Therese, his wife, and yes, I did. I enjoyed talked to her--I like her a lot, maybe because she's a little prickly, like me--and was relieved to hear she was optimistic about Jim. (Therese is an R.N.)
Got to Betty's at my usual 11:30 and we walked to Lure for lunch. After complaining about the dentist with whom she had an appointment earlier, Betty now is happy with him and with his teeth-cleaning, or whatever it is. Had a good lunch without too much drama, although I noticed Betty's memory is getting even worse. We ordered different menu items and when her crab cakes came ten minutes later, she had to ask me if she had ordered them.
However, it was pretty okay, but she insisted on showing me again the "pun papers" she gets at her memory care group. These are cute and funny the first time you see them, but not so much the tenth time, since you already know the answers.
I left about 1:15, as I wanted to get the 2:20 bus back to Ventura because I had rehearsal at 6:30. Called Nancy on my way and was sorry to hear the shot for her knee didn't help at all. Got the usual three buses and arrived home about 4:00. Jumped in the shower, washed my hair and went to rehearsal...
...where I wasn't at my best. For some reason, I lost my concentration and had to call "line" once (I've had my part word perfect for weeks), plus I forgot one of the blocking changes. Anyway, we were still missing Audi, who has a pivotal part, and having Alex, our stage manager, read for her, just isn't the same. The rest of the cast was slightly ragged, also, but I know they'll  get it back, as I will, before we open.
We have a day off today; next rehearsal is tomorrow, also at 6:30. My Happy Hour buddies were nice enough to switch from 4:00 at Ventiki to 3:00 at Cafe Fiore, so I can get there and still make rehearsal.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...