Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Dress Rehearsal

Got up on Tuesday at what has become my usual: 6:30. I really prefer an hour earlier wake-up, so I might start setting my alarm, but probably not until after the run of the show.*
Speaking of which, I stupidly cut with scissors the packaging eyeglass holder and managed to cut right through the beads. Went to Dollar Tree to buy another and picked up a lot of makeup while there. At WinCo, I bought spinach, blueberries, and other produce, then went home for lunch.
Betty called; she said Pat Kennedy Hayes was coming to visit today, I think just overnight. I asked if her party had gotten tickets yet for the show and suggested they better do it soon, as one of them was almost sold out. Got a text from niece-in-law, Robyn, asking if I could get Betty into the show if tht happens. I think I can, but suggested they buy theirs as soon as possible.
Put a load of wash in, then had lunch in between putting it in the dryer. I just fooled around on the laptop before I showered and got into my outfit for dress rehearsal.
Yoicks, what a session!  It was called for 6:00 and we sat around, as usual, until about 7:20 while more tech stuff and other details got done. The full run wasn't finished until after 10:00 and I didn't get home until 10:30.  I had sprayed some of my hair, but was worried about getting the damn stuff in my eyes, so took it with me and Kat sprayed more. I'm not going to use it, though: The white doesn't seem to cover and the grey is too dark, plus it just seems to sit on top and it's matted. I'm going to see if I can get my regular color and cut before the show. After all, the woman is supposed to be my age (actually, somewhat younger) and there's no reason why she wouldn't color her hair. Also, I don't feature having to stay up to wash my hair every night after the show.
Betty's daughter-in-law just texted to let me know they have tickets for four, including Betty, for Saturday night. Also got an email from Lora, of T.O.P.S., to say five of them are coming.
*Ha! Right now, on Wednesday, it's 7:21 and I just got up. Late night last night!

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...