Friday, August 02, 2024

Thursday

Because I'm a fan of useless information, I looked up the municipality of Califon, NJ, where my insurance agency for the house is located. It's in Hunterdon County, and yes, was named for California, and has a population of 1105 people. I was "there," sort of, a good part of the day, in contact with Maureen from Groendyke Insurance and I fervently hope this problem is solved.

 Aside from that, I packed lunch, took my book, and went out to the middle near the pool to eat it. I ran into Lorraine, so she accompanied me and we talked while I had lunch. Home, I just did this and that, including trimming the geraniums, then took a short nap.

Made turkey stir-fry, had a third for dinner and stowed the other two servings in the freezer for another day--okay, two other days. 

I got a very welcome Message from son, Mike, to tell me that he and Vivian will be coming for Thanksgiving; they'll stay at Ellen's and I'm so pleased. I assume Violet will stay with her mother in Singapore

For those of a medical persuasion, here's my nephew, Patrick, who was just here. In person, he's not nearly as serious, but he is a good-looking guy. Click on the red video watch under his picture:

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/staff/26747-patrick-byrne

And here's Jim, his brother, in a picture that must have been taken several years ago:



JAMES BYRNE, MD
Dr. James Byrne is a Maternal Fetal Medicine physician awarded for innovations that improve maternal health.  He is Chair OB/Gyn Santa Clara Valley Medical Center and a clinical professor with Stanford University School of Medicine. Jim is a leading co-author for the March of Dimes Preterm Labor Assessment toolkit that is being implemented nationally to improve outcomes for premature births.  In 2011, he founded Lucina Health Foundation, a nonprofit focused on improving maternal care delivery in the USA. 
This is certainly from a few years ago, as it doesn't mention that Jim is medical director of three hospitals in California. Not sure if he still teaches at Stanford. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’d seen the video of Patrick before…he looks a lot like his father. Either of those brothers would make any family so proud but to have two of them in one family is a treasure, for sure.

/pmr from A/C

Mimi said...

True, Pat, and their sisters are pretty pride-provoking, too. Maureen is principal of Dublin High School and Francine is a high-level job in the judicial system of Oakland.

Mimi said...

Pat, I didn't remember I had posted the video of Patrick before. I guess it was a few years ago?

PMR from AC said...

Not sure. You posted something about him and maybe I googled him.

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...