Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Monday

Spent the first half or so of the day cleaning the bathroom and doing a few other chores. I also started the minutes from the T.O.P.S. meeting on Friday. Actually, I've decided to skip it this week, as I have a dermatologist appointment in Oxnard at 1:30 and I just don't feel like it. I'll ask Cheryl if I can send her the minutes and she can print and present them.

Packed my lunch, and ate across from the mission. By that time, it was 3:00, but that's what I prefer on school days. If I go to town and eat at say, 1:00, then bus home, a lot of high and middle school kids ride then and it's crowded (I always have a seat, though).

It was almost 5:00 when I got home and for some reason, I was very sleepy, so lay down and took a nap for about 45 minutes. 

This is a dress Diane wanted to give me on Sunday and insisted I take home and try on: 

She is very clothes-conscious and emphasized excitedly that it's a Halston, but frankly, that means nothing to me. And good grief, it's a size 6; I could barely get it over my head. Also, it's velvet and this is California. Yes, sometimes it gets cool--ish, but not black velvet cool. To top it off, I think it's very dated and looks like what old ladies used to wear in the fifties--not my style, if I have one. Anyway, I'll donate it to the thrift store.

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...