Sunday, August 11, 2024

Saturday

Over to Von's after breakfast for this and that. Jim came at his usual 12:30 for lunch and he had no problem getting in the gate. I didn't go to much trouble--just rustled up some cheese and tomato sandwiches, plus crystal pickles, and served the chocolate eclairs for dessert. They were store-bought, I'm afraid. One of these days I'll revert back to being a proper hostess and make my own. I used to do that a lot and they're really delicious.

We talked a bit about Jim's various ailments. I knew he had gone to the doctor on Friday, but he actually couldn't quite remember which one. His confusion and evident lapses of memory are alarming, as is his weight: I had my new scale out and he weighed himself. Good grief, he weights 121 pounds! That's with all his clothes on, including his shoes and jacket. That would be somewhat thin for me at five foot two (I weigh 125.8) and he's about five eleven. 

We did have a pleasant enough visit. It's still difficult to keep up a conversation, but after lunch, I pulled out the crossword puzzle book and we did that. As ever, he asked the clues, I answered, and he wrote them in. I asked if he wanted to go to the Fractured Actors "Prom Night" show and yes, he does. I'll have to look at a good time for both of us.

Jim left at 4:00 and shortly after, Mike facetimed me. He's looking forward to Violet's arrival home--although it will be a new home for her--and I, of course, am looking forward to seeing her today. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...