Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Monday With Stella

Being kind of at loose ends, I called Stella and asked if she could meet for lunch. Yes, but she had physical therapy first, then wanted to stop at Walmart. She said she'd call me from there, but instead, I took the bus. I had suggested the Chinese restaurant in that shopping center, but she wanted to go to Andrea's at the harbor, which was okay with me; I had clam chowder in a bread bowl.  We then took a short walk along the harbor, as it was a beautiful day. Next to Brophy Brothers, we saw this:

That's Stella in front. She took one of me with my camera, too, but managed to cut off the sides:
Anyway, I'd like to find the make, model, and year of the car. Will try to look it up.

After lunch, we went to WinCo, where I was glad to get a bag of grapefruit and four 16-ounch containers of blueberries, my two addictions. Stella then dropped me off at the transit center and I took the 6 home.

I can never decide if I enjoy being with Stella or consider it more a fate worse than death. She is so very picky and particular, slow as molasses, set in her ways, and utterly lacking in humor. She doesn't use email or the Internet at all, although she does text. I guess I can stand her once in a while, but only just. 

Mike Messaged that Violet got back home to Singapore all right and he sent pics of her settling in. Lora texted to let me know The Cliffhouse is closed on Tuesdays, so to pick another venue for today. Think I'll go for Lure.

Cheryl called in reference to my offer to take her to lunch as just a token thank-you for her picking me up every Friday for T.O.P.S. We decided on tomorrow and at her request, will go to The Boathouse, also at the harbor. Diane emailed to ask if I was free for a library lunch on Thursday. Gee, that means I'll have gone out to lunch five days. I'm afraid the result will be a gain at T.O.P.S., but hey, you only live once (twice if you believe the religionists) and what could be better than lunching out?

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...