Saturday, August 24, 2024

Friday

 Busy day. Sharon called early to say she wouldn't be at T.O.P.S., as she had hardly slept due to an UTI. Lora texted she wasn't coming because of a changed doctor's appointment. Bobbi had told me earlier she wouldn't be there. Anyway, the only attendees were Cheryl, Lennie, and me. Funnily, I was the biggest loser, since I was down to 126.5, so two pounds off. (At home, I was 125.6 for a loss of 2.3.) Cheryl had brought in the T.O.P.S. magazine and we talked about some of the articles; I took the minutes.

Home at 10:00 and Javier knocked just a few minutes after to look at the ailing kitchen sink. He worked on it, then left to get some tools, came back, worked again, and happy day, he fixed it! I didn't want to eat while he was there and by the time he left, I was starved and it was after 11:00 by the time I had breakfast.

I followed that by walking to the bank and even happier day: I opened a new account and deposited Lori's cashiers check in it. I was ushered into the office of a young man named Rudy Soto and, in chatting, learned he had graduated from UCSB, as Mike and Paula had. We had a good time talking and I walked out thrilled that the damn business with the check was resolved.

From there, I bused to town to have my lunch at the favored spot across from the mission, by this time,  after 3:00. I didn't go in any shops, just wanted to enjoy the ideal weather. After I ate, I went over to Ventura Avenue to get the 6 bus. A young man and I struck up a conversation, then continued it on the bus. His name is David; last name starts with an F and is unusual; he said it's Portuguese. What interested me is that he's a stand-up comedian and also runs the Trivial Night at the Bombay (Bomba?) Club in Ventura. Of course, I immediately mentioned Fractured Actors. He hadn't heard of it, as he lives in Camarillo, but has done some acting and was very interested. I gave him my card and information about F.A. It was great fun talking to him and I hope he follows through.

Got off at the mall to buy blueberries at Target. Bused home, stopping at Von's for a few items. Went in the gate of the complex and saw a young woman with a baby. We smiled at each other, I admired the adorable little six-month-old, and we fell into conversation. We chatted for fifteen minutes or so and I learned her name is Paula, she's a native Californian, she moved here only in December, and is a paralegal. Greatly enjoyed talking to her and hope to see her again.

It was after 6:00 when I got home, but that was okay. Called Jim to remind him about today--the show and dinner. He had it on his calendar, all right, but may not go to dinner with us. We looked up Steven's Greek Restaurant web site menu and he was alarmed at the prices. To me, they seem just ordinary, but he almost never goes out to eat and lives on a shoestring, so really didn't have any idea of how much dinner would be. The upshot was he said he's go to the show. Later, I called El and we decided she and I would split the bill for the three of us.  

Diane and I confirmed our lunch date for tomorrow in the park across from her place. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...