Monday, August 05, 2024

Sunday With Stella

 Did the usual Sunday morning stuff--crossword was a bore--showered, washed my hair, then took off at 11:00 for town. I got to Immigrant Son early and was surprised to see it was jammed---there was even a line out front. I'm not sure why that was, as there are plenty of other restaurants to choose from. Anyway, I walked down to the mission, assuming Stella had gone to the twelve o'clock mass, but she texted me shortly after to say she was at Immigrant Son. It turned out she had gone to the nine instead.

Anyway, we met up and decided on Dargan's, which is just a few doors down. Sat outside--it was a perfect summer day, in the middle seventies, no humidity, and lots of people having a good time downtown--and the food, as ever, was good (as was the Chef Peak IPA, of course). 

After a leisurely meal and our usual talk, Stella asked if I wanted to go with her to Lowe's, as she was looking for "cactus fertilizer." for the succulents she had bought earlier. She asked if I wanted a slip of one, I did, and she gave it to me. We went to Lowe's, she got her stuff, then dropped me at the transit center and I took the 21 home. Stopped at CVS for iron (I don't know why I need it, as I eat spinach, but I do what doctor says). Shortly after I got in, I planted the slip and hope it will spread as ground cover.

Soaring Spirits lunch at Stone Fire Grille today. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...