Tuesday, August 06, 2024

Monday With The S.S. Gang*

Up and at 'em after a reasonably okay sleep and I was at this machine when Lorraine called at 7:00. She wanted to discuss the promotion of former assistant manager Jasmine, who will be manager at another of SO-FI's apartment complexes. I never had a problem with Jasmine, but Lorraine, who has a lot of hang-ups, couldn't stand her. Anyway, we talked for a bit.

Walked and bused to meet up at noon with the Soaring Spirits gang at Stone Fire Grille. Only Gayle, Cathy, and Vera were there; Tom and a new person came later, so we were a small group of six. I had their South of the Border salad and it was very good; I accompanied it with a hazy IPA, of course. We talked and visited for an enjoyable two hours. After, I walked over to Barnes & Noble to inspect some of their new books. Followed that by walking another stretch to WinCo, where I got spinach, grapes, onions, peppers, and parm cheese. 

While I waited for the 11 bus, I got a text from my Kim, former R.E. agent about the security deposit. In May, when my tenants moved in, they submitted the rent, plus another half for the security deposit. According to Kim, she sent it to me, but I never got it. She had to nerve to text Lori, my tenant--and copied me--that "maybe Mrs. Molloy have lost it." That infuriated me. Anyway, you have to wait three months, which is now up, to have them void the first one; Lori will send another.  

Anyway, I was so involved in reading and responding to the texts that I missed Victoria Avenue, where I had intended to take the 6 or 21 partway home. No prob, though: I took another 11, got off at the Hill Street Library, went in to read a bit, then walked home over the footbridge.

Having bought a "personal" Crock Pot last week, when I got home, I put in some elbow macaroni, fresh spinach and seasonings just to test it; results will be posted here tomorrow! Incidentally, I already have and often use a large-capacity slow cooker  and a medium one, so I guess this completes my slow cooker wardrobe.

Ellen called and I'll mention our conversation in tomorrow's post.

* Not the Nazi Schutzstaffel!

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...