Thursday, August 15, 2024

Wednesday With Cheryl

Before I was due to be picked up by Cheryl, I remembered that Diane (with whom I'm lunching today) asked me to bring some pictures of Mimi in years past. Pulled a number of boxes out of the bench-seat in the kitchen and left them spread out over the kitchen table to go over after I got home.

Cheryl picked me up at 11:30--early, but I thought that was because we were driving to Santa Barbara to The Boathouse, my mistake, as we went to the one in Ventura Harbor. I like the place okay--haven't been there for several years--and enjoyed it. We both had chipotle chicken sandwiches, which were delicious, and I, of course, a hazy IPA. It was refreshing to talk pacifism with Cheryl--her husband is a member of Veterans for Peace and she's of that mindset--and we had good conversations. 

Got home about 3:00 and searched out some of the boxes and albums in the bedroom. Good grief, there are thousands of pictures and I spend a lot of time going over. Selected some representative ones of yours truly to show Diane and reflected that one of these years, I should spend time organizing them, but that's a monumental task and champion procrastinator that am, when will I ever bite the bullet and start?

Thought I'd watch a little T.V., turned it on and saw "No Signal" on the screen. Damn, this has happened before and I think it's the Firestick. Got the bigger remote and was able to see some cop show, but not Netflix, Prime,  or the other paid ones. Decided to just look at something on this laptop and deal with it later.   


No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...