Friday, August 23, 2024

Thursday

Kind of a pokey day. I called the office at 9:00 to report the garbage disposal problem and a work order was executed. However, nobody has yet come to fix it. I then spent a lot of time on what I call business matters, which included Conservice (too long and involved to go into), which I'll address at the office today.  I scheduled the Airporter (shuttle to LAX) and paid a few bills on-line. I did get over to Von's for mayo and a twelve-pack of Stone IPA, on sale.

Other than that, I was a little on edge anticipating the cashier's check for the security deposit for my house. I knew I had to sign for it, so I didn't want to go out and miss it. I had been told the mail person would come to my door, but I don't trust the U.S. mail nowadays, considering the fiasco with the registered mail document I sent to Groendyke Insurance two months ago; it never arrived. With that in mind, I decided to sit out in the middle and wait for the mail. I took my book, my phone, some pretzels, and--naughtily--a nice, crisp IPA, and sat at one of the tables under the big umbrellas. It was actually very pleasant--so quiet and serene under the blue California sky: 

These actually are not very good pictures; maybe I'll add some today.

I did indeed catch the mailman as he was filling the boxes. I signed on his electronic device and now--oh, happy day and at long last!--I have the security deposit. I'll walk to the bank after T.O.P.S. today to open a new account and that should be the end of it. Lori, my tenant, had sent it Express Mail--as the R.E. agent should have in May--which cost her $30.45. There's no reason she should have to pay that and I'm gong to send her a check for it. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...