Thursday, August 08, 2024

Wednesday

Julie picked me up at 9:00 for the BCNN meeting. She had her neighbor, Noella, a new member, with her and we got acquainted. Got to the the yacht club early and socialized with several people I was glad to see. And then there was Sherry, a goofy goof who had been a thorn in my side in my acting group. On the other hand, there was Susan S., co-president of the club, and one of my favorites in BCNN. She  introduced the speaker, who was from Road Scholar. Susan is an excellent speaker--intelligent, articulate, but not stuffy--and the program was very good. In fact, I'm interested in exploring some of the trip offerings.

Lunch after the meeting is always scheduled at a nearby restaurant, but Julie wasn't going, so I hitched a ride with Susan. It was on the water, at a place called Seabridge, and was fun, but quirky, to say the least. There were about twenty-seven of us and only one server, a kind of dotty middle-aged woman. Besides the usual food, the place offers "Hawaiian pancakes" and even has a special menu for them. I got a cheeseburger, but a lot of people went for the pancakes and there were all kinds of snafus. Susan and I didn't get ours until most of the others were halfway finished and Judy had all kinds of problems with hers--so many, she wasn't charged. Oddly for me, I didn't get all annoyed--I found it funny. I had some good lunch companions, including Laurie, who's one of the club officers. She's interesting and fun and we had a good getting-to-know you session.  

Susan dropped me off and I looked at Facebook for a time, then took off for Wal-Mart, a place I heartily dislike, but it's only a mile and a quarter and I needed some stuff. Bused home and did this and that until dinner. 

Called Jim and invited him to lunch on Sunday, but later Ellen called and reminded me that she'd be picking up Violet from camp in Ojai and they'd come here for lunch. After, El will drive to LAX for Violet to take the long, long trip back to Singapore.  Will call Jim to switch to Saturday. Unfortunately, he seems terribly confused and lost, much worse than he had been.

Lunch with Diane today.

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...