Friday, August 16, 2024

Thursday With Diane

Took a quick shower, had breakfast, packed my lunch, then took off over the footbridge to meet Diane for a Library Lunch at noon. She was there first, as usual, and we settled down for one of our heart-to-hearts accompanied by my IPA and her Chardonnay. 

We talked over all kinds of good things--and not-so-good things--until almost 3:00, then said goodbye. I had thought I might travel on to the mall or wherever, but decided not; I just didn't feel like it. Stopped at the library and dropped off The Body, one of the best books I've read in years: 

I stayed there reading The Glass Castle for 45 or so, then checked it out. On the "for sale" shelf, I saw another of Bryson's books and bought it:

Got home and for some reason, felt hungry, so had half an acorn squash, leftover spinach, and pretzels, and called it dinner. 

Ellen called and we had a good talk. We decided she, Jim, and I would go to Fractured Actors' "Prom Night" on August 24th. We'll hit the 2:00 show, then go out to dinner. 

Suzanne texted Vickie and me to invite us to Happy Hour tomorrow at 5:00, which we were both glad to accept. As ever, we'll bring our own drinks, but S. will provide the nibbles.  

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...