Friday, May 31, 2024

Thursday

Did a quick white wash in the morning, then dust-mopped and polished the kitchen floor. I figured that was enough work for the day, so packed lunch and took off. I went over the footbridge, thinking I'd walk to Wal-Mart, but changed my mind and deviated to Ralph's, where I bought bread, then had lunch at the fountain area nearby. It was overcast, but the birdies didn't mind:

Home, I called my cousin, John, to whom I haven't talked for four or five years. He's a little peculiar--okay, a lot peculiar--although he's about five years younger than I am. I wanted to ask him about my great-great aunt, who was a Sister of the Good Shephard and died in 1917.  We did have a nice enough chat and he filled me in about Margaret. What's eerie--I've noted this to myself before--is that is sounds exactly like his father, my Uncle Edmond, gone these many years.

Went over to Von's for IPA, ran into my nutty friend, Lorraine, and chatted for a bit. Other than that, there wasn't really anything of note going on. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...