Sunday, May 12, 2024

Saturday

This will be a quick once over, as the laptop just came up--I hadn't brought the wire with me to Ellen's and that's too long and involved to go into why. Access Van picked me up yesterday a little after 2:00 and we got to El's in Ojai by 3:00. Sat around and chatted for a bit, then went to Verizon store and talked to the person there. As I had suspected, she couldn't do anything about the problem, but told me to go to corporate Verizon, which I already had and oh, the hell with it.*

By that time, we were ready for dinner and went to Sea Fresh. I had their sand dabs--I think I like them  better than Lure's--and a hazy IPA, El the salmon, which she preceded with a Pink Moment cocktail We had a good mum/daughter time with lots of fun talk.  She took a pic which she hasn't sent me yet; I'll post it tomorrow.

Back at her  place, we watched TV, then I turned in. El stays up so late--she said she turned in at two am--she slept until 9:00 or so. Naturally, I had been up since my usual, 5:00. When we were both up, El made a delicious fried egg breakfast. I almost never eat eggs fried--as a rule, I do scrambled and fried tasted great. After that, we had a two-hour discussion on The Laws of Attraction and other ideas and beliefs, which was very stimulating. El gave me a lovely card, a Kohl's gift card, and these pretty tulips: 

Okay, I'm going to end this here. It's now 12:07 on Mother's Day and I still hours of good luck being with my dear daughter.

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...