Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water bill for my house. It's quarterly, so the billing period is from April 1 to June 1. I'll ask my tenant to add a third of the total to her rent payment since they moved in on May 1.

Left at 10:30, walked to Telephone Road, took the 11 to the Stone Fire Grille and, as I was early, stopped into Barnes & Noble to get a Mothers Day card for my daughter-in-law. (Yes, it's going to be late, but I'll send an e-card, too.) She's an artist and I think she'll like it; it's one of those pretty pop-up cards. In the same shopping center, I met the Soaring Spirits crowd at the Stone Fire Grille. There were two guys and seven gals (a common ratio of men to women, I think) and we had a great time with our free-wheeling talk and sharing after 2:00. 

On my way home, I was pleasantly surprised to get a text from Lora, asking if I was free for lunch today. Yes, indeedy, and she'll pick me up at 11:30. Wrote out my DIL's card and dropped it in the slot on campus here, then decided to go over to Great Clips even though Maria left at 3:00. Dropped in and George did my hair. Actually, it looks pretty good--maybe better than when Maria does it.

Got home and opened the mail from Verizon. To my amazement, it was a bill for $251.50. Yes, I thought they had decided to stop torturing me, but I guess not. I'm simply not going to go into the whole thing, but I called them at 4:30 and didn't hang up until 5:55. I don't want to go into the whole thing--it drives me crazy--but the upshot was that whoever I was talking to accidentally--or was it really accidental?-- dropped the call. I was so frustrated when I talked to Ellen that she took over. She's a Verizon customer and called her person to complain about the harassment of her mother. Incredibly, she was told by her person to go to the Verizon store and let them rescind it--or something. I'll be staying over at her place on Saturday, so we'll go them. If this actually resolves my problem, I'll be very much surprised, but dollars to doughnuts, it won't. 

No comments:

Saturday

 I left for town about 10:30, bringing my lunch. Stopped in a few shops and ate--as I hadn't done for months--across from the mission: F...