Monday, May 20, 2024

Sunday

Routine Sunday morning: I washed the sheets, changed the bed, and did a white wash during breakfast. The crossword was good--not easy, but I was able to get all but two. After, I had planned to go to "the other" Target, across from WinCo for some items I didn't get on Saturday. I didn't get there, though, because I had a pleasant surprise when Greg texted me to ask if I could meet him at Peet's Coffee House on Victoria Avenue.  

I immediately changed my plans and walked down Victoria, first stopping at Wal-Mart for hummus. Met Greg, who had just come from Santa Barbara, and we greeted each other with a hug, then settled down for a good, long talk. I'm glad he contacted me and we're both glad that he and Ellen will remain friends. He dropped me off at home and I didn't do a lot after, but watch T.V. (no nap, though, I'm happy to say).

I know I'm getting to be a slug with the television thing, but I have a defense: the weather's been very unpleasant--cool, somewhat windy, and, worst, overcast and gloomy. Therefore, I don't feel like waiting in the chill for busses all the time, so shoot me. I did water the geraniums and put bread out for the birds. Called El in the evening and we had a nice chat.  

My blog buddy, Pat R., sent me a piece on quintuplets who just graduated from Montclair State in Jersey. They're not, of course, identical, but I'm always interested in multiple births (for obvious reasons) and loved seeing the article and picture:

Tonight is Soaring Spirits and I think I'll bus early to "the other" Target, which isn't too far away from Stone Fire Grille, where we meet. I still want some things--such as a strainer and shoe laces--and it'll be convenient, plus Vera will take me home. Hmm, but I haven't walked to Smart 'N' Final for months, so maybe I'll do that, instead. Indecision--my middle name!

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...