Wednesday, May 08, 2024

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school on Foothill Road outside Santa Paula. I wouldn't trust myself to try to find a bus that does, either; I know they go to SP proper, but not up on Foothill. Frantic, I rang Suzanne's bell and asked if she could take me. Happy day, she can and she will. Told Ellen and she invited Suzanne to stay for the party.

Laura picked me up at 11:30 and off we went to Cafe Nouveau. She insisted on treating, so okay, but I'll do it next time. We've gotten to be good friends and I know all about her struggles with her disturbed son. He's now in a high-security mental hospital that seems the right place for him, but it's a heartache for Lora, of course. We also talked about the house she and Todd are having built in Arizona--sounds great and she has friends there, too. She'll be missed here, but it seems a good move. When I got home, the latest edition of American Lifestyle was in my mailbox. Lora's much more attractive than she appears here and I hope she'll update that picture:


   Turning to more serious matters: I had a seafood burrito and this yummy IPA:  
                            Raging bitch? Yeah, it kinda suits me.                    

Home after, I turned my attention to yet more business items; sent what I owe Kim via Zelle, did some filing, and whatever else, I don't remember. Then I was at loose ends. Didn't feel like doing much and again, took an hour nap. I'm hoping when the weather gets warmer and I'm in town more, I'll resist the temptation. 

Cut and chopped the three big red peppers I had bought the other day and stowed them in the freezer. One of these days, I'll saute them with onions and make a stir-fry.

Call Ellen and told her Suzanne would be bringing me. Called Karyn to tell her I've decided not to participate in the 29 1/2 hour thing. Left a message, but haven't heard back, so will email. 

No comments:

Saturday

 I left for town about 10:30, bringing my lunch. Stopped in a few shops and ate--as I hadn't done for months--across from the mission: F...