Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Tuesday

Fairly quiet day. As planned, I met Irene at the new Thai restaurant right across the way. Once I did, I remembered much more about her than I had before. She has one daughter and an 18-year-old grandson and the three of them live together. She also comes from a large family; she had six sisters and possibly, some brothers. Two sisters have died. Irene still works at  77; she's a real estate agent with REMax.  I wish I could say we were wonderfully compatible, but to be honest, I can't. I actually enjoy knowing people whose ideas and beliefs are different from min, but not when they become shocked and horrified if I don't go along with their agenda. Anyway, the Pad Thai was good. Irene insisted on paying for lunch, so said I will next time--if there is a next time and I doubt if I'll initiate it.

Later, I spent a considerable amount of time julienning four large onions and slicing four big sweet papers. Sautéed them, reserving some to have with dinner last night and freezing the rest for a future turnkey stir-fry. I then--finally--tackled organizing and rearranging the three-shelf cabinet where I keep my containers of various shapes and sizes. After that, I looked through some Byrne-family memorabilia (my father's generation, that is)  for pictures I might want to show or duplicate for my cousin Kevin. I don't have many of his father, my uncle Joe, but will keep looking.

Aside from walking back and forth to the restaurant, I didn't go out--unusual for me, by maybe it's just as well. 

Note: Yandoo Communications was "doing maintenance" this morning and the Internest was down. Now, at 8:25 am, it's up. 


 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...