Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Tuesday

Fooled around with this, that, and the other until 11:00, then left to walk over the footbridge and meet Diane for one of our lib lunches. I was a half-hour early, but no prob, because she was even earlier. She had already eaten and was just enjoying her post-lunch Chardonnay.  As usual, we talked and talked and talked, and ranged over a lot of the supernatural, including her new fav, Doctor Joe. We also looked at faith-healing, reincarnation, Eckert Tolle, Islam, Catholicism, and a host of other topics that she considers gospel, but to which I react with an iffy/maybe/you-can't-believe-that-idiocy attitude. Hey, we get along fine.

Said goodbye around 3:00 and walked home. For some reason, I felt hungry and heated up some of the  veggies I had in the freezer. Also not sure why, but was sleepy and took a short nap. Up and I copied the information about my great-great aunt, the Sister of the Divine Heart, and gave it to Suzanne. Still can't find the Byrne genealogy book, but will keep looking. I sent nephew Dave a picture of the appreciateive note Suzanne sent me after reading his book. 

Called Jim to remind him we're going to the Igor Davis book thing at the museum tonight. He did have it on his calendar and will pick me up at 6:00.  Got an email from Lynne reminding me I'm scheduled to do docent duty at Dudley House on Sunday; she'll take me home, but I must remember to call the Access Van to get there. She also invited me to go with the group to tour an historic farm site in Oxnard on Saturday--not sure if I want to or not.  

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...