Sunday, May 05, 2024

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the library, then went into the Hill Street Cafe to ask if I could take a picture of the mural I admired when I was there with Stella. It's Main Street in Ventura, which is now blocked off to traffic: 

                                                           

Met Diane at noon and we settled in for our talk/eat/imbibe sessions--very satisfying. Diane said she suddenly decided she'd like to have a gentleman friend and we discussed ways in which she might be able to meet somebody suitable. She has tried some of the dating sites--so did I a few years ago, but I had no interest whatever in the offerings--and doesn't know any eligible guys. As we all know, one of the problems is the ratio men to women; there are fewer of them and more of us. Well, she'll keep her eyes peeled. 

We parted at 2:30 and I went home to finish my salad--in front of the T.V., watching the next episode of Royal Inquest, then while getting my carbs in the form of popcorn. Then--I confess, I took a twenty-minute nap, so shoot me. Dinner was just Brussels sprouts, and so it goes.

I didn't realize the garden tour in Camarillo cost anything, but I looked it up and found it's thirty bucks. Suzanne has three tickets--did she actually shell out ninety dollars? Dunno, but I'll give her my thirty. Frankly, if I had known, I probably would have begged off, but I won't now.

But as for begging off, I've decided to withdraw from Fractured Actors' "29 1/2 Hour Playwriting Festival" on May 18th. I just don't think I can go from 9 am to 11pm. Will get in touch with director Karyn.

No comments:

Friday

I was down to 123.8 at home, a loss of 1.2 and down to 124.7 at T.O.P.S, so down 1.01. The meeting was the usual therapy session, but not to...