Friday, May 10, 2024

Thursday

Met Jim outside at 12:30 and we went to Jasmine Thai for lunch. They seem to have changed their menu and I was disappointed in what I ordered--can't recall what it was, but I'll go back to pad Thai. Of course, the Sapporo Japanese beer was as good as ever. 

For some reason, Jim and I started discussing marriage and divorce--he's never committed either--in a general way and he surprised me by being somewhat open about his parents' history of them. He said they were never suited for each other and that they had separate bedrooms. Good grief, for Jim that's practically like revealing every detail of one's personal life to a worldwide television audience. Anyway, it was interesting. 

After, he came back to my place and we did our crossword puzzle thing. It's pretty boring, but it beats sitting around trying to get him to put two syllables together. I talked to him again about the Access Van and he showed interest; I sent him the web site and said I'd go with him sometime. He stayed until almost 6:00, unusual for him and I walked him to his car. He thanked me several times for lunch (it was for his birthday) and I was touched. However, I'm alarmed about his increasingly evident mental confusion. It seems worse than Stella's and that's not good.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

My favorite pic from Wednesday's party--my little girl and me:

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo of you and Ellen…it emanates love back and forth.

/patti r.

Mimi said...

Thank you so much, Pat; I'm lucky to have her.

Sunday

Routine Sunday morning: I washed the sheets, changed the bed, and did a white wash during breakfast. The crossword was good--not easy, but I...