Monday, May 06, 2024

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the first house of seven. I'm just going to post a few pictures, because what we did was simply--well, tour the gardens--and oh and ah over the blooms. That sounds as if I'm being sarcastic, but really not; I enjoyed it. Here are some pics:\






These are different gardens, some several miles away from each other and I probably didn't get the best shots, as I was trying to keep my balance on some of the paths, many of which had stepping stones. Refreshments were served at the last house--lemonade and cookies. 

This a stunningly beautiful 1250 acres. The owner sat down with us and I asked him when the house was built--in 1837, he said, which is practically pre-historic in California. Suzanne introduced herself because the tour was a benefit for St. John's, where she worked for 30 or so years, Interestingly, Tom is on St. John's board. He's an investment advisor and lives part of the time in San Francisco. 


Later, Suzanne texted me an obituary of Tom's father, who died in 2022 at 97. Family background is interesting, too; I looked it up and also looked Tom up. He lives part of the time in San Francisco and is gay. The house and grounds themselves can be rented for wedding receptions and so on (I assume Tom vacates when that happens) for $200 an hour, so if I get married again, I'll definitely have the reception there. 😁 Here are Suzanne and me at one of the venues:
We got a kick out of this, which illustrates my own gardening skills:
Home about 5:00. A few days ago, I had texted Rosa suggesting we get together again for lunch and promptly heard back from her. It's funny: Stella tends to call ten minutes before she wants to meet (well, I'm exaggerating, but not by much); Rosa and I agreed on next Thursday, the sixteenth, and haven't decided where. Well, I know I'll be at the Stone Fire Grille at noon today for lunch with the Soaring Spirits gang.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

…and the point of mentioning he is gay is???? When I lived in San Francisco in the 60s there were many gay people. Thanks for sharing the shots….beautiful.

P from AC

Mimi said...

I get what you mean, Pat, and I guess I added it because he had mentioned his grown son. When I looked up his father's obit, it included his partner's name and thought it was interesting. (I STILL haven't figured out how to change my email address here, so just saw your comment.)

Friday

I was down to 123.8 at home, a loss of 1.2 and down to 124.7 at T.O.P.S, so down 1.01. The meeting was the usual therapy session, but not to...