Friday, May 17, 2024

Thursday

Did this and that after breakfast, then left for town at 10:30. Although I wasn't meeting Rosa for two hours, I wanted to check out a motel or two for my cousin, Kevin, so got off on Thompson. I saw the Best Western, went in, and got info on prices. It's across from the beach, and reasonably near Main Street, but is it too pricy? The rate ranges from $150 to $250 a night, depending on...well, I don't know what it depends on. I'll try to check out a few more places and let Kevin know. 

I went from there to Main and stopped at the library. I happened to see this book and, intrigued with the title, took it out:

Combined with the Carl Sagan book about how various religions and sects shaped belief in devils and demons, it should be interesting.

Went from there to Dargan's for lunch with Rosa. She had never been there before and we had a good time together. She had a salmon dish and I enjoyed the Irish stew, plus a good IPA. We sat until 2:00, talking and talking about our varied backgrounds and present lives. I told her about the ordeal with Sharon on Wednesday and darned if that champion yapper didn't call me right after I did. (Diane would believe that was mystically arranged.)  She asked what length necklace I prefer and, as she and Bobbi share the jewelry-making hobby, I surmised she's going to make me a necklace. I'll see her--and hear her, I'm afraid--this morning at T.O.P.S.  

I had time to stop in to a few shops on Main before I boarded the bus. Home at 5:00 and that was good. My dinner was one of my bizarre ones: I seasoned and roasted about a pound of broccoli and simply had that. Slept reasonably well, no doubt because I got my walking in, and hope that continues.

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...