Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Tuesday

Diane and I had planned to eat outside on the hospital veranda, but it was unpleasantly cool, so we decided on the Vietnamese restaurant at the Barnes & Noble shopping center. I first walked over the footbridge to the Hill Street library and picked up Carl Sagan's book. Note that it's co-titled Science As A Candle In The Dark: 

I had read it years ago, but had the urge to again be presented with actual facts, real findings by real scientists who are peer-reviewed, and not by pie-in-the-sky shamans, psychics, priests, and mystics, who seem to abound nowadays (or  maybe I just wasn't noticing before). I was surprised to see it was written twenty-nine years ago, but am willing to bet it's still relevant--maybe more than ever.  

As for lunch, I was surprised to hear Diane had never been to the Stone Fire Grille where I go twice a month with Soaring Spirits, so suggested that instead and she agreed. She liked it a lot--we both had the lunch special of a small pizza and sides--and we settled into one of our long talks. Diane is now contemplating moving to Santa Monica. Why? Because it has a reputation as one of the hubs of the psychic world, plus it has a group of those who suffer from the worse kind of neuropathy, as she does. She's not sure if she's going to be able to swing it, but she's working toward it.

We sat talking for our usual two plus hours, then left. I took the 11 bus with her, as it was a bit after 2:00 when I know school lets out and I wanted to avoid the teenaged crowd on the 6 and 21. That worked well and I'll do it again. 

Got home and called Sharon, who said Lewis and she will pick me up at 1:00 today for our visit to Bobbi. I wanted to get her a little gift, so stopped before lunch and got a puzzle book, which I think she'll enjoy. Bobbi seems to be progressing well after her broken leg, but she's still in a wheelchair except for brief periods.   

Unfortunately, after several weeks of good sleep, I've been wakeful lately. Not sure why, but I usually blame it on insufficient exercise--walking, that is--and I'll try to increase it. 


No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...