Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Monday

Pretty busy day. I spent a lot of time on the phone, first to brother Larry. We had a good long talk and he, at 91, is doing well. I responded to the BCNN monthly "Gals Dining Out" invitation, even though Julie, who usually takes me, is on one of her European jaunts. I can easily get there on the bus and, if nobody's going my way, I can bus home, too. It's next Thursday, May 23, at 6:00. 

Called Muckie and we also had a long, long talk--I think for two hours. I love talking to her and this time, our discussion included our ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and assumptions about other-worldly stuff, including what happens after you kick off. Bottom line is, she thinks there would have had to be some kind of intelligent being that put everything in motion. Aside from that, she has no clue and neither do I. More significantly, I believe nobody else does, either. 

Finally sent the lease to Leanne at Sunrise Bay. I had to call her and found they had changed the email address when a new company took over management. Closed the savings accout account   

After lunch, I walked to Smart 'n' Final (stupidest name for a supermarket I've ever heard) for onions, peppers and bread, then next door to The Dollar Tree for a few minor items. Walked home, so got two  miles in. Got home at 4:00 and called Bank of America to ask why they slapped a five dollar charge on one of my accounts. So annoying and I closed the account; will get a new one with the new security deposit. 

Cleaned up a bit, then left at 4:30 to bus to Stone Fire Grille and Soaring Spirits. We had a fine time--only seven of us this time; usually, we have twice that. We talked and talked and talked and Vera, as ever, took me home. She's celebrating her birthday on Friday--her forty-sixth (I can barely remember my fifty-sixth) and is one of my favorite people. Got in close to 8:00 and, without a strong interest in anything else, started re-watching Capote. Capote is one of my favorite writers and Hoffman has him not just on the outside, but where it counts:


No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...