Thursday, May 02, 2024

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing roses. Sounds boring, but it wasn't, as he showed a number of beautiful new species, plus he was a good speaker:

After, Julie and I skipped joining the lunch group and went to Zachari Dunes on Mandalay Bay in Oxnard for lobster bisque and a sandwich. The hotel is terrific: very large and elegant and right on the beach. There's a wonderful path that loops around on the sand and she and I walked it before we ate. We went there because Julie had suggested the hotel as a place my cousin and his wife could stay. It's lovely and right on the beach, but I doubt if they had in mind paying three hundred twenty a night:  
 
Below, here we are, enjoying the sunshine and ambiance at the hotel. I cut myself out of the selfie with Julie--just looked terrible: 

 

Home at 2:30 and I was sleepy for some reason, so took a short nap (I'm not going to keep doing this!). Mike Messaged me that he'll videocall over the weekend; he's been very busy. Suzanne texed to ask I want to go to WinGo after T.O.P.S. tomorrow and I responded yes.  

Today, I hope I can get into Great Clips and have Maria cut my hair. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...