Saturday, June 01, 2024

Friday

A full day, but a good one. Incredibly, I was the big loser at T.O.P.S., with a loss of 1.7; at home, I was down a pound to 123.8. The meeting was--as they're getting to be--a kind of therapy session, but not bad. Didn't get breakfast until 10:30, then did a load of wash, and took care of a few business things. 

My tenant, Lori, sent the rent via Zelle, which is fine. As I had asked her to do, she included her portion (two months of three) of the water bill. Subsequently, I'll be sending her the bill itself, as for some reason, the water company won't put tenants' names on it. 

Called the Access Van to take me to the going away party for Mike, Noel, and little Logan. It was suggested that everybody bring a dish (but they'll have hamburgers, hot dogs, and other things, too), so I looked around for an idea. I saw that I had several pounds of apples, so decided on homemade applesauce. Cored, pared, and cut the apples, added a dash of cinnamon and let 'er rip in the slow cooker. 

Made lunch and bused to town about 2:00, went to the library to pick up Capote's In Cold Blood, which I had requested. That's non-fiction, but my eye fell on Stephen King's latest, Holly, so I pick that up, too. Browsed around, strolled Main Street, ate my lunch at my spot across from the mission. It was very quiet and serene, not many strollers and, much as I like the hustle and bustle other days, I enjoyed that:

Before I got home, I stopped at CVS and Hallmark, looking for Fathers Day cards and a card for M., N., and L., but didn't see any I liked. Will look at Von's today or more carefully, at Hallmark. As for a gift, I may go Amazon, but am debating possible alternatives. The applesauce (with apples and a dash if cinnamon only, I never add sugar) was nicely done when I got home, but now I'm not sure how I can get it there. I don't really want to bring my cart and can a manage with a large, breakable bowl? Will think about it.  

I've been wanting to have dinner later and last evening, I did. Didn't eat until 7:00, which was good. I'm hoping if I can stay up later, I can sleep better. Along with more walking, that usually does the trick. However, I didn't really achieve that last night, but maybe I was mulling over the applesauce. Will persevere. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...