Saturday, June 29, 2024

Friday

Unfortunately, the weight report is--well, weighty. I was up 2.8 at home and 2.3 at T.O.P.S., so 127 and 127.6, respectively. I know why, but am not too worried; at least, I'm still in my comfort zone. (Hmm, that sounds familiar--maybe I've said it before?) Anyway, Lora picked me up and besides us, there were Lennie, Sharen, and Bev. We had one of our therapy sessions, even veering into politics and the current idiocy: Trump is the devil incarnate and Biden is a good guy doing his best. That got my pacifist juices flowing and I even used some naughty language. Including the F word? Of course. 

Didn't get breakfast until 10:30; after, I did a color wash, than had lunch before busing to town. Stopped at the post office for overseas stamps and waited in line for twenty minutes, then decided the hell with it, I'll get them later. I do like the main Ventura P.O., though; it was built the same year I was born, (practically the middle ages for California) and has some wonderful murals:

Went from there to the library and browsed around, then stopped in a few shops. It was a nice day and pleasant to be there. 

Took the bus back to the mall/transit center and went to Target for blueberries (I like to have a good amount in the freezer) and paper towels. Home, I put together the meal my older sister had told me about years ago. You just cook up a pound of pasta (I used shells), add a can of peas, and a can of tuna fish in oil. Mix and you have it. I guess you could eat it cold, but I prefer it as a hot dish. Ate half and froze the rest for later. 

Jim called to say that, thanks to me and directing him into CNN on his computer, he had seen the debate and it was "sad" and "terrible." I thought I'd look at the re-run, but lost interest. Maybe I still will, not sure. 

I'm almost afraid to mention this, but it's so good, I will: I've been sleeping well the last few nights. I've been getting in more walking and trying to stay up later. Will continue.

Early lunch at the hospital with Diane today.

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...