Sunday, June 23, 2024

Saturday

Did a color wash during breakfast, then dressed for the day. Kevin and Linda picked me up and we went to Office Depot. Left off the ancestry book--Kevin asked to have two copies made--then drove toward town. I directed Linda to the museum parking lot, which is closest to the mission and the closed off section of Main Street, but it was completely full. Took them to a few other parking buildings and lots and it was the same story. I finally decided we'd skip the mission and go to The Promenade on the water and Aloha for lunch. We did that, we all had hamburgers and had a good time talking. After, we strolled along the walk for a bit and that was okay. It's noticeable, though, that both Linda and Kevin have difficulty walking. They walk very slowly and it seems uncomfortable for both. We didn't leave there until after 5:00, drove around town a bit, then went back to Office Max to pick up the copies. We went from there to my place, where I put Kevin's copy in a binder, then we sat and talked. They left again at 7:30. Today, we go to Ojai and Ellen's for lunch and whatever else.

I took some selfies, but the ones with me were just hideous, so here are Kevin and Linda:


We're lunching at Ellen's in Ojai today and they leave tomorrow. 

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫 

Here's Violet front row, second from right) and 17 other kids from grades 9 & 10 from both UWC campuses across Singapore. They have arrived in Mongolia and will be there for almost two weeks. The group will have no electricity, water, toilets or prepared foods as they navigate their way through the forests and plains.
They will prepare their own food, sleep in tents (and one night a yurt 🛖) and dig their own toilets.

                                      

Dig their own toilets?--AAGH!!!

😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖

My intrepid granddaughter, on her way:

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝


2 comments:

iloveac said...

Oh to be young and adventurous ….somehow, I think I’d skip this one. I admire all of them and in a way wish I were more like them.

Mimi said...

I know what you mean. I like the idea of it, but sure as hell don't want to actually do it. Walking the mile and a quarter to Wal-Mart is adventurous enough for me!

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...