Thursday, June 13, 2024

Wednesday

Stripped the bed, washed the sheets, and remade before breakfast. Called Yandoo early on and was pleased to have the guy come for the T.V. by 10:00. He fixed the problem, which had something to do with the firestick and the cable remotes so now I can again get Netflix and the others.

I spent a remarkable amount of time assembling and inscribing those cards I bought at Hallmark. They totaled eight: three for Father's Day, two for birthdays, two for graduations, and one for retirement. I also wrote out checks for some of them.  

 Packed lunch and took off for town rather late; didn't get there and have lunch until almost 3:00.Stopped at a few shops and bought a pretty garden flower container. Wednesday afternoons tend to be pretty quiet, especially since it was (as usual, damnit) cloudy and cool. However, it was plesant having lunch at my usual spot across from the mission near Pierano's. It's hard to see here, but their purple flower are so vibrant, I enjoyed them on my table, so to speak:

\
I called Nancy while I was lazing there and we had a chat. I was sorry to hear she's been ailing with arthritis and and has difficulty in walking. She's also been very fatigued; happily, her daughter from Massachusetts has come to help out; not sure how long she's staying. Nancy has stopped driving and sold her car; I hope she gets used to either the bus (that's unlikely) or the Access Van, but she isn't anxious to try either.

Called Ellen after that; she still has that damn cold and was just finishing up at school. Yesterday was the last for the kids and today is her very last one as a working woman--wow!

Bused home and got in by 5:00. Had that vegan pizza for dinner, along with a veggie medley--pretty good. Sat down for my hour of T.V. at 8:30--humph, now that I have it, I didn't find much I wanted to see. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...