Friday, June 14, 2024

Thursday

Did some chores consisting of a white wash and cleaning the bathroom sink and tub, and the double kitchen sink with baking soda and vinegar. 

Called Noreen and left a message saying I wanted to take her to lunch for her birthday. It's on Monday, but we can go any day she chooses if I'm free. She called me back after dinner and said the reason she hadn't gotten back to me sooner was because she was in the hospital overnight after an attack of tachycardia. She had had some before, but this time, she actually passed out.  Luckily, she had been with her daughter and son-in-law at Aloha for lunch. They called an ambulance her doctor changed her medication. Anyway, we decided on Yolanda's for lunch on Tuesday.

Went back and forth via email with Diane about our date at the hospital cafeteria, which we'll keep someday in the coming week. Got a text from Lisa G. of Fractured Actors (she and were both in last year's show), asking if I had auditioned for the one coming up. I told her no, I just have to much going on this summer (but see later). We agreed we'd meet for lunch one day. Ditto with Susan Stratton, whom I ran into at Von's. She had been in my BCNN acting group and one of the better ones. 

Thought I'd eat lunch in front of the T.V., but I lost interest in whatever I was watching. My problem is I really don't know to search for things of interest. I much prefer documentaries, but can't seem to bring them up. Maybe one of these days I'll get the hang of it. 

Ellen called on her way home after the conclusion--YAY!--of her very last day of work.. Several of her colleagues had taken her to lunch at the harbor and they were there for three hours. Too bad she has a terrible cold and cough (not COVID, which she's had twice), but she sounds better than she had. We had a long talk and I told her I want to take her to dinner--we'll probably go next week and I'll see her on Sunday when we go to Santa Barbara for great-nephew Finn's college graduation cookout. She said Greg wants to take her out for a celebratory dinner, too.   

Last night, I was flabbergasted to get a text from Jeff, director of F.A. (Fractured Actors), asking why I hadn't auditioned for the show in August. He said there was a "meaty" part he'd like to tell me about and could he call me? Yes, and he, Shannon, and I talked. I told them of my heavily booked summer plans, but said I'd look at the script, A Stitch in Time, which Jeff immediately emailed me. It's reminiscent of the first F.A. play I did five years ago, Welcome Home, a kind a sentimental, shmaltzy piece with an old lady reminiscing  about her youth. After I read it, I came to my senses: not only is there a lot of monologue to memorize, but with the reason I didn't audition in the first place, I just don't feel I can take on this commitment. Will call Jeff and tell him.    

Welcome Home (2019)   

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...