Friday, June 28, 2024

Thursday

Quite an enjoyable day. I walked the footbridge to the back of the library and met Diane at our usual noon. We then proceeded to eat, talk, and laugh for three hours. I told Diane that Ellen wanted to meet us for lunch on July 3; she'd pick us both up, then treat us for lunch. Diane was pleased to accept and asked if we could go to the Urbane Café. The idea is for them to share their thoughts and ideas about the supernatural; should be interesting, although I will probably not contribute. After, I'll stay over at Ellen's and maybe we'll go to the Fourth of July parade in Ojai. I'll also be meeting Diane for lunch at the hospital tomorrow, as she has a doctor's appointment nearby.

Instead of going directly home, I to took the 11 bus to the transit center, then the 6. Stopped at Von's and got broccoli, carrots, and lettuce. When I got home, I washed and trimmed the carrots, added cut-up tangerines, skin and all, plus cinnamon, and set it to simmer in the slow cooker. Also cored and seasoned an apple and cooked it in the microwave. All yum.

Mike Facetimed me after dinner; he and his friend has stopped for breakfast after biking twelve miles, a mere nothing for them. We had a nice chat covering Vivian's internship at Cornell and intrepid Violet's Mongolian experience. 

Aside from T.O.P.S., I have no firm plans for today, so I guess I'll have to scare up some excitement...

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

Thanks to teaming up with the FCC, I won my battle with Verizon! Got a call from a rep that they now realize I returned the damn box and would have my credit score revised:

Good news: Your Credit Rating has changed from Good to Exceptional!
YESTERDAY
Good news: Your FICO® Score has increased by 122 points!
YESTERDAY




No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...