Friday, June 07, 2024

Thursday

Left at 10:30 and bused to east Ventura. I had meant to drop some donations off to Goodwill, but didn't feel like going through things, so just stopped at the grocery store next to it for tomatoes and tangerines. As I was leaving, niece Carolyn called and we had a nice chat; Ellen and I will see her and her family next week at the graduation party. We made a tentative date for the following week when I want to get up and see Betty, who is now in a wheel chair and I hate that.

Diane and I had a good, long talk, as always. Regardless of our diametrically opposed ideas about the supernatural, she's one of the friends with whom I feel most comfortable. I greatly admire her courage in dealing with her neuropathy, as she's been doing for years. She has talked before about moving to Santa Monica for a variety of reasons and she has now arranged to visit there for two days this month. Anyway, we enjoyed ourselves and also made a date for tomorrow. She has a dentist appointment near the hospital and we've been wanting to eat there on the veranda.

Home at 3:00 and I watched an episode of my old favorite Forensic Files, then took a short nap. Ellen called and, happy day, she's managed to get rid of the closets in her classroom, full of third-grade items. She invited her colleagues to take what they wanted and will donate or discard the rest. In six days, next Thursday, she'll walk out of school for the last time and her new life will begin--happy day!

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

It seems the horror story written by Verizon will never end. On Friday, I got a text from a collection agency to call. Did so and after wrangling with somebody, got the "Verizon dispute" email address. I then spent a considerably amount of time writing writing chapter and verse about my on-going ordeal. I included confirmation numbers, names of representatives, and pictures of documents, including the one that certified the box was received in Fort Worth. Yesterday, I got an email from Experian to the effect that my credit rating has gone from "exceptional" down to "good." Stunned, I looked for the reason and found the Verizon has caused my score to drop 122 points. I called the Consumer Protection Agency and got the advice to detail the problem with the FCC at FCC Complaints. I'll do that today. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...