Monday, June 24, 2024

Sunday

The Sunday paper didn't get here, which had me gnashing my teeth. Called and the recording said they were having "production difficulties," but the paper would come. It did--this morning. Did something or other in the morning, then was picked up, as arranged, by Linda and Kevin. 

We got to Ellen's about 12:30 and were welcomed into the air conditioning. Good thing, as the outside temp in Ojai was a not-so-balmy 93 degrees. We sat in the living room for an hour or so over iced tea and El got to know her first cousin once removed and his wife. Here she is and I am with them:



 They got along great and we had a fine time. Lunch was served and El had pulled together  good summer meal  of sandwiches on small rolls, some ham and some chicken; potato salad; Cole slaw she made herself; olive, tomatoes, and beans; and a few other sides. 

After, El drove us up and around the hills and we took pictures of the landscape:                                                                                               

The outcropping in the middle above is imagined to depict a native American face.

We then went to the Rainbow Bridge and El bought a few tangerines (their prices are outrageous). By that time, it was after 6:00 and our companions from afar were ready to drive back, as they're leaving this morning to go back to Turlock, a five-hour drive. I enjoyed having them, but I was with them for three days straight, all day, and am ready to get back to my everyday life. 

+Just for the record: The Sunday paper didn't get here, which had me gnashing my teeth. Called and the recording said they were having "production difficulties," but the paper would come. It did--this morning, Monday, and that's the way they operate, damnit.+

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...