Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Tuesday

And the beat goes on: I called MJR solar panels and was told I had to call Atlantic City Electric to address the problem that AC doesn't' realize my house has solar panels. Did so and was told I couldn't get any information because my name isn't on the bill--my tenant has to do it. Sent an email to that effect to my tenant, Lori. 

The Yandoo guy came, seemingly corrected my T.V. settings and it's back on. However, , when I sat down to watch last night, I could get only one show only something called "SmartTV," with only one show on it--no Netflix, Prime, Plato, or any of the others I pay for. Will call again today.

Got the turmeric I ordered from Amazon already and happily, it's the right stuff and now I know where I can to get it. I checked CVS and others around here and none carry it.

I was mistaken about Finn's graduation. It's actually on Saturday and El and I are going to the party on Sunday. I wouldn't mind going to the graduation, too, but El texted back she's fighting that bad cold--she sounded terrible the other day--and doesn't feel up to it. Darn, wouldn't you know, when today is her last day with the kids and tomorrow is the last day she'll be employed. Actually, it's the first day--of the rest of her life--YAY! 

Walked over to Hallmark to get cards for the family occasions coming up. I got cards only, mind you, and I'll be adding gifts--good grief, I spent $43!  After lunch, I walked to Smart 'n' Final; saw some  vegetable crust pizza in the vegan frozen food section and bought it. Think I'll have it tonight. Also bought a "family sized Viola garlic chicken casserole. One of these days, I'll have Jim over again and will serve that.  

😀THE GOOD NEWS SECTION😀

Wonders will never cease: I got a call from "Casey" at Verizon, saying he was working on my "case" and it would be resolved within 48 hours. Amazingly, he spoke actual, unaccented English and sounded as though he might even have read a book or two. I know that sounds mean and snobbish and prejudiced and racist and every damn else thing, but I don't care. I've spent so much time and effort--and emotional wherewithal--dealing with people who are either 1. incompetent, 2. nasty, or 3. indifferent, that this was a relief. He followed up with an email and will get back to me with--I'm keeping my fingers crossed--what he indicated was complete vindication. 

Jeez, is that all the good news in my life? No, there's something else: I'm alive and in reasonably good shape, so I should quit complaining. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...