Saturday, June 15, 2024

Friday

Weight: At home, I was down .06 to 123.8 and at T.O.P.S, I was down nothin' to nothin'. What? That means we didn't get weighed at T.O.P.S. because Trinity Lutheran was closed up. The nursery school which they operate there was on break and so were those in the office. Only Sharon, Bev, Cheryl, and I showed up, anyway, but it was annoying. You'd think leader Lennie, who's a member of the church and whose husband is actually the pastor emeritus, could have informed us, but oh, well, at least I got breakfast earlier than usual on Friday. I told the others I wasn't going next week; that's the day my cousin and his wife come in and I want to be free in the morning, too.

I called Jeff and left a voicemail message telling him I won't be taking the part in the show. I just can't commit to the time and effort rehearsals take. I need to be free to address the various obligations I have here, plus to travel, especially to Jersey. I was reluctant to turn him down, but I know it was the right thing to do. Got back a lovely message and maybe next time, when the smoke clears...  

Packed my lunch and bused to the transit center. I had looked in a little shop across the street on Saturday when I met Diane for lunch, saw a top I liked, but hadn't had time to try it on. I went back yesterday, tried it, and bought it to wear to the double graduation party tomorrow. Here's a pic of Claire the high school grad, Finn, the UCSB grad, and their parents, my dear twin's family. I feel, in some minor, inadequate way, I'm standing in for her: 

Walked from the shop to the hospital again, this time lunching on the veranda. Walked back, bused home, watched T.V. for a bit,  took a nap, then washed, seasoned, and roasted two pounds of apples. Had a casual dinner (leftover pizza and mixed veggies), then impulsively called Jim and invited him for lunch today. I haven't seen him for a few weeks, so I guess I can stand it. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...