Sunday, June 16, 2024

Saturday

Jim got here at 12:30 and I served a Voila! garlic chicken dish (frozen, but not bad) along with my baked apples for dessert. After, as we've done before, we sat on the couch and solved a crossword puzzle together--that is, Jim gives me the clues and I answer. Occasionally, he'll chime in, but not often. He had asked me about the Grocery Outlet supermarket, which I had mentioned to him, and he said he wanted to go there. I decided to go with him and got sweet peppers, grapefruit, salmon, and a few other things. Jim got exactly nothing; he had said he wanted "oats" (meaning oatmeal), but for some reason, didn't buy any. I'm afraid he's getting more and more slow and confused, but I think in his everyday life, he can cope.  When he dropped me off, it was almost 5:00 and I cleaned up from lunch and did a color wash. 

I was so relieved to get an email from my tenant, Lori, to the effect that the electric company problem regarding the solar panels is resolved. Instead of a bill for two hundred and something, she got one for fifteen dollars--hey, a lot easier to take.

Here's a pic of the second grad in my niece's family, Finn from UCSB, and his parents: 

                                                 
I'm looking forward to the party today. The Access Van will pick me up and take me to Ellen's; we'll go from there and she'll take me home after. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...