Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Tuesday

 'Twas a pretty productive day. I did two loads of wash in the morning--white and rugs on the hard floors--then, galvanized, I dusted and mopped the latter. 

Wonder of wonders, I got a call from Verizon. They will correct their errors about the "box" and also have my credit rating restored to exceptional. I said I wanted all that in writing and yes, they sent it.   

Jim called and I was alarmed at his backwardness. He doesn't have a television and wants to watch the presidential debate (why anybody would want to is beyond me), so asked if I could show him how to get on his computer. I tried to walk him through it via YouTube, but it took a good fifteen minutes. Jim had no idea that you could ask the search engine questions such as "do I have to have a television to watch the debate?" He also had no idea how to get into YouTube. Anyway, while we were on the phone, I sent him the link to CNN and I'm quite sure he can use it to see the show. I told him to call me about 5:30 on Thursday (the "debate" is at 6:00 EST) and I'll walk him through it again.  

After that ordeal, I walked to the pleasant fountain area near Ralph's Supermarket and had my lunch. I had a hankering for cabbage, so bought on there, along with a big apple. I had intended to do the slow cooker thing, but then switched to cabbage fritters when I got home. The cabbage has to be thinly shredded and I had just finished that step when Suzanne stopped in to show me pictures of her recent trip to Colorado (anniversary party for her cousin). We chatted for a bit, then I made the batter for the fritters, fried them up, and stowed must in the freezer. I had three for dinner, dipped in tartar sauce, and enjoyed them. I'm not entirely sure if anyone else in the universe would like them, though. 

I was going to take Ellen to the Thai place tomorrow to mark her retirement, but she asked to switch to today because she wants to see the debate--incredible! Diane and I had planned a lib lunch today, but she was okay with changing to tomorrow. 

No comments:

Thursday

On my way to Von's in the morning, I stopped into Great Clips to see if Maria was available. She wasn't, so I decided to try later i...