Thursday, October 13, 2022

Wednesday

Left at 10:00 for my 11:00 appointment with Dr. Babbitt. I was scheduled for a teeth cleaning, but was in fear and trembling when I was told Doc wanted x-rays, too. I was sure there'd be all kinds of gruesome problems--"too bad, this'll have to come out, " "oh, that looks a little iffy, too," "is this sensitive? That's not a good sign" and so on. But, glory be, they're all okay, plus Doc looked carefully in my mouth and said he saw no sign of cancer. (That's always a worry for me, considering I smoked--heavily--for 41 years.) There was a new therapist, Selena, who was just a pleasure--full of good cheer, warm and welcoming, she was great. 

I was amazed to see this image in the reception room at Dr. Babbitt's:


I asked receptionist Stephanie about it and she said Dr. Babbitt is an amateur photographer and he had won the blue ribbon at the county fair. (I told her I had won the blue in the "Cowboy Poetry Contest.") I had always admired this one, too, hanging in the front office--underwater turtle:
Anyway, going to Dr. Babbitt's was almost fun at times--at least, when the ordeal is over.  I was outta there in about an hour and bused to WinCo, then walked to the Barnes & Noble mall and had my lunch in the leafy alcove there. Actually, I'm meeting Diane today in the same mall, but we'll eat outside at Urbane CafĂ©, bringing our own.

Got home about 4:00 and put in a wash, then went over to Von's for a few things. Made tofu for dinner, along with baby potatoes and broccoli. I just fried the tofu, which was okay, but I want to look up some different recipes. Years ago, I was vegetarian and ate tofu often. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...