Saturday, October 15, 2022

Friday

I did indeed skip T.O.PS. Weighed at home and came in at 129.2, a loss of .06--big whoops, as Mike used to say. 😜

Spent some time writing a letter to my sister-in-law, Therese, who is 90. She and Jim had been at my retirement party, so I added some of the pics they were in. I hope she's getting along okay--not sure how her physical and mental health are now. She was okay when we did the Facetime thing last year. PMed niece Chrissy to alert her and found that she and Paul are still in the states--they go back to Bangkok next week. 

Went to Von's for spinach, cauliflower, broth, and other items, then did some food prep at home. Seasoned the spinach with olive oil, vinegar, and garlic. Also chopped two onions, using the small dice for a change, and stowed them in the freezer.

Other than that, I was kind of at loose ends. It was--again--cool and overcast, so a little dreary. Got an email from Jim in response to a philosophy cartoon I sent him; he also mentioned he's getting a flu shot today. I wrote back inviting him for lunch--I just didn't feel like calling him--but haven't heard back. It's now 5:33; I'll wait another hour or so, then call him. Took a short nap--about an hour--and felt better when I got up.

I was puzzled to see a credit of $350 processing in my checking account. Oh, yes, that's the "middle class refund." I don't need it as much as a single mother with three kids or an old couple afraid they'll be  homeless because rents are so high or, for that matter, my friend, Jim, but I transferred it to savings and will eventually probably stow it in Vanguard.  

Ellen called on her way home from work and we had a nice chat. She invited me over tomorrow and I was delighted to accept. We'll go out to lunch and catch up. Greg is back from Colorado and I hope will join us. 

Note: vWordle 483 6/6: I still do it every morning and it's SO FRUSTRATING when I have four letters, then keep guessing wrong! Finally got it in six by the skin of my teeth:

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜

⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...