Friday, October 14, 2022

Thursday

Walked down Victoria to Telephone Road and boarded the 11 bus--and who was on it but Diane herself, so we traveled together to the B & N shopping center.  We chose a good table--it had gotten rather cool, but this was sheltered, so comfortable--and proceeded to have a companionable lunch. We talked and talked, of course, including about various shenanigans of our youth (she was brought up in Chicago), men, and other interesting topics. We were there almost two hours, then Diane headed to Sprouts and I into town.

It was very quiet, I guess because it was overcast and cool, plus a weekday, but that was all right with me. Went to the library first and poked around. Took out Little Sister, by Natalie Woods' sister, about the questions and suspicions surrounding Natalie's death.  Should be interesting. Also took a book on local women who made a difference in cooking in Ventura. I was told not to return it, but to give it to a friend. Interesting and I'll see what it's all about.

Didn't get home until after 5:00 and just this once, I decided to skip T.O.P.S. Both Julie and Lora are still in Europe and Bobbi texted me that she won't be going and I just didn't feel like busing there. Called leader Lennie and told her. I'll still weigh myself at home, for what it's worth (and I feel as if I lost). Hey,  it won't kill to me skip once in a while, so there!  

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...