Friday, October 21, 2022

Thursday

Took the 11 bus to Diane's and we had a communal lunch and good talk.  We both went into detail about our past lives--childhood, marriage, and so on.  She's been feeling a little down lately and even cancelled her trip to Chicago. Her sons were going to have an eightieth birthday party for her, but she asked them to postpone it; her birthday was last week and she isn't thrilled about it.  

I stayed until almost 3:00, then bused to Office Max for printer ink. Home about 5:00. James, my neighbor, Bennie's brother, called to ask something about the newly-installed washer and dryer. He inquired about Vickie, so I stopped there on my way home. She has a bad cold--she hopes it's a cold and not COVID--took a test, which was negative, but will get a more extensive one today.  

Suzanne is back from her brother's in Phoenix, where she had been since Sunday. She stopped in to show me pictures of his house, large workroom, and so on. Interestingly, although he's 71, he still works on race cars, but just three hours a week for a wealthy collector with a ranch in the hills.

Bobbi texted to say she'll pick me up for T.O.P.S. this morning. Said she has to leave by 9:30, as she has a doctor's appointment. Hey, I'd be happy to leave at 9:15 and maybe we will.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...