Saturday, October 01, 2022

Friday

T.O.P.S.: Lora picked me up, natch, and again my weight totals were skewed.  At home, I was 129.6 for a loss of 2.2 pounds, at the meeting, I was 128.7, for a loss of .07. Make sense? Nope, but la-de-da. Leader Lennie wasn't there, again, neither was Bobbi, so there were only four of us. We decided not to have a regular meeting, so just got weighed in and left. Good, because I wanted my breakfast, anyway.

Jim came to pick me up at noon and we drove to town. Parked outside the Blue Agave and Noreen and Gary came walking up at the same time. We were taken aback to see it was closed--darn, it looks as if it might be permanently closed; I'll have to look into that.

We went instead to Peroni's, opposite the mission, right across from where I was on Thursday:



Actually, I like it better than I do The Blue Agave. We sat outside, of course, next to the bubbling fountain. I had a chicken salad sandwich, the others various sandwiches or pasta. Noreen had a glass of chardonnay, I a beer, but the guys had only water. 

Gary is a very gregarious, talkative person, and he and I provided most of the conversation, Noreen adding her share in her pleasant way. Jim? He sat there and said one single word except to respond to questions. This sad and eerie thought crossed my mind: That would have been my poor nephew, Jay, if he had lived to be 79. I'm no doctor, but it seems to me that Jim is the very picture of an intelligent, high-functioning person with Asperger's.  

We said goodbye about 2:30 and I asked Jim to drop me off a few blocks away, as I wanted to pick up a few things I had seen on Thursday. He did, I bought them, and bused home, getting in about 4:00. Ellen called on her way home from work and we had a good talk.

Got a not-good text from Suzanne telling me that Mary, Vickie's partner, had fallen and broken her hip. She's in the hospital and will probably go to rehab after. Boy, Vickie just has one thing after another in her life--it seems unfair. 

Ellen called on her way home from work after a trying week. I always love to hear from her.  Also, of course, from son Mike, who facetimed me in the evening. Had a good talk--and look-see--with him and Paula, also with Malibu, who mewed at me. Snickerdoodle was in disgrace, having tried to get food off the table. Mike leaves for Sri Lanka in a few days. 

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
You will never if rarely get two home scales to read the same as one with weights. The same as with B/P machines. Sounds like you have pegged Jim correctly. Either the dopamine receptors in his brain are not functioning or not present at all. Perhaps he simply finds people interesting and that's enough for him to want to interact with them...pleasure...not gonna happen.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...