Monday, October 31, 2022

Sunday

After a somewhat restless night--woke at midnight, but happily, was able to sleep after being at the laptop for fifteen or so--I got up at 6:30, which was good. Breakfast at 8:00 and a really good crossword, which I completed--well, completely. Prepared fresh spinach which was part of dinner, then sat down to finally, at long last, prepare three of my scripts to send to Shannon...

...but, damnit, I hit a snag. One of them, Hell On Wheels, which is in rhyming couplets, kept modifying itself so one page slipped down to the other. I've been trying all kinds of things to fix it, but no luck. Will continue to work on it.

Additional snag: I continue to have a problem with my Office processor downloading onto Microsoft Word, which I don't have. Trying to send scripts to Shannon; maybe I'll have to print them out and send via the mail, but I don't want to do it.

Packed a lunch, took my cart, and walked to Telephone Road, where I knew there was a nice leafy area near the Hill Street CafĂ©.  It had tables, chairs, and umbrellas, as well as trees and other foliage--a nice place to eat. After, I called Stella just to chat; we'll get together one of these days. Bused to the mall where I went to Target and got broccoli and blueberries.

Ellen called at 6:00 just to say hello and we had a long talk. She thinks the Cricket phone thing for Jim may not work out. After talking to her, I'm beginning to think she's right--for a variety of reasons. Anyway, I was able to get my data off it, so we'll see what transpires after this. 

Slow day, as Sundays so often are; today should be more interesting. I'm going to call Office Depot about Word, then maybe go there and have it installed. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...