Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Monday

I spent the morning on a bunch of pesky stuff, including battling Microsoft Word; I want them to get their mitts off my scripts, so I can send them to Sharon. Decided to get some advice from the tech at Office Depot. Discovered he wasn't in until 2:00, so packed my lunch and walked to Telephone Road. Stopped at the bank, then settled a bench on the county government grounds. I've eaten there before and it's okay--grass, trees and other foliage:

From there, I bused to the mall. It wasn't quite late enough to go to O.D., so I walked to first, Trader Joe's, then Target, in search of grapefruit. Later, I stopped at Audi's. None had grapefruit--fer cryin' out loud, this is California, citrus practically grows in concrete, so what's the deal? Last stop was WinCo, where I FINALLY found a bag of five grapefruit and snapped up. Bought a big butternut squash, too. 

At Office Depot, I discovered I can't prevent Microsoft Word from what they do, but I can either subscribe--I'll consider it--or try another way to send. Well, I'll try. If all else fails, I could simply print the scripts out and send them to Shannon via the U.S. Mail, I guess.

Didn't get home until almost 5:00, but I got plenty of exercise in and I feel good. I'm almost afraid to add that I've been sleeping well, too--hope I didn't jinx that wonderful fact.

Meeting Diane for lunch today--we'll both splurge and order their "bowls"--I love the salmon--but, of course, will bring our own drinks. I agreed to meet at 11:30, and that was a compromise, as Diane usually has lunch at 11:00 (and my usual is 1:00, but I'm okay with it). She keeps odd hours: goes to bed at 8:00, gets up 3:00 or 4:00 am, and is finished all her meals by--I think she said 3:00 pm.

Speaking of, they're having a Halloween party where she lives and she sent me this--Diane as Cruella DeVille. Love it!

About 6:30, when I was having dinner, the doorbell rang and I opened to find six or seven Halloweeners, all in costume, of course. I'd say they ranged in age from about six to ten or so. They were adorable. I don't buy candy, but have a lot of change--gave them each a few quarter and they all said "thank you" and "happy Halloween." Suzanne came out at the same time and she had bought candy to give out. (I don't dare.) We chatted a bit after and she told me Vickie had called asking for prayers. Why? Because now Mary has developed blood clots. Suzanne asked if I thought it was appropriate for her to--gently--bring up the idea of palliative care only. Sure, since Mary is mentally gone and can't make such decisions herself. 

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...